These carrots are disguised as hot dogs for a delicious alternative to their meaty counterpart!
- 10 large carrots, ends trimmed
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- black pepper to taste
- Using a vegetable steamer, bring water to a boil. Add carrots, cover, and steam until tender – about 15 minutes. Once cooked, run cold water over carrots to stop them from cooking further.
- Whisk soy sauce, water, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and black pepper together in a bowl. Pour over the carrots. Cover and refrigerated for 3 hours or overnight. The longer they marinate, the more flavour they will have. Preheat the T-fal grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove carrots from marinade and place on the grill. Cook for about 5 to 10 minutes or until desired doneness is reached,
- Serve as you would a hot dog – with condiments and in a bun!
To shop the full assortment of T-fal products, visit TSC.ca.