A delicious ‘green’ recipe for cauliflower steaks that make a great alternative to the traditional steak that vegetarians and meat lovers will enjoy!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- pinch of paprika
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup parsley
- toasted pine nuts
- Pastry brush
- Preheat the T-fal grill to the vegetable setting.
- Trim leaves off the bottom of the cauliflower and cut a thin slice off the bottom so that the cauliflower sits flat, keeping the core in tact.
- Combine the oil, salt, pepper, paprika and garlic in a small ramekin. Set aside.
- With a chef knife, slice straight through the cauliflower. The parts on the outside will fall off as they are not attached to the core. This is normal. These can be used for roasting, mashing or shredding into rice.
- When you get to the middle, you will be able to cut 2 thick steaks. Place on a cutting board.
- With a pastry brush, brush both sides of the cauliflower steak with the oil mixture. Place on the hot grill and cook until the cauliflower is fork tender and you have grill marks. Remove from grill and place on a serving platter.
- Zest the lemon over the cauliflower and squeeze some lemon juice over top as well. Dress with parsley and toasted pine nuts.
To shop the full assortment of T-fal products, visit TSC.ca.