Age is a state of mind and according to Chuck Norris—martial artist, actor, film producer, and screenwriter—being fit keeps him feeling young. So how does Chuck stay in shape? We recently chatted with him to discover how he incorporates the Total Gym into his fitness regime.
1. What do you like best about the Total Gym FIT Select Series?
Well, that’s easy. I like it because it works. I have not found a machine that is as fast and effective as the Total Gym for getting in shape and staying in shape. The Total Gym has given me a great workout for over 40 years and, believe me, if I could find a better machine I’d use it
2. Why, at 79 years of age, do you still work out as much as you do?
I work out to stay young and to stay in shape. I enjoy being healthy and I enjoy doing things that many men my age cannot do.
33. What makes the Total Gym different from all other workout machines?
CWhat makes it so different is that I can work out multiple muscle groups at the same time. As I do the pullover I am strengthening my abs at the same time I’m working my shoulders, biceps, triceps, and forearms. That’s why I can continue doing my martial arts training well into my late 70s.
4. Gena, your wife, is a big fan of the Total Gym also. What does she love about it?
Well, Gena’s like me—she likes to stay active. We have a busy life with two kids, running our ranch, and all the other commitments we have on a daily basis. She’s been using the Total Gym for over 25 years because she can get a great workout in a short amount of time. And she has fun working out on the Total Gym, so she looks forward to her workout.
5. The Total Gym produces great physical results. Other than feeling great physically, what does working out on the Total Gym do for you?
It’s easy—when you’re fit and look good you feel good. The Total Gym keeps me active. It keeps me positive and focused. Age is a state of mind, and being fit keeps me feeling young.
6. What would you tell TSC viewers who are hesitant about trying the Total Gym?
People come up to me and give me reasons why they don’t work out. They say, “I’m too old to start working out or I don’t have time to start working out.” I tell them those aren’t reasons those are excuses. You’re never too old too start working out. And there are so many exercises you can do that you can get a workout in only 10 minutes a day.
To learn more about the Total Gym, visit TSC.ca! And be sure to tune in on February 1st with Rosalie Brown as she demonstrates the Total Gym!