Chef Randy Feltis is back in the kitchen for Happy, Healthy You! and he’s brought us another delicious recipe!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 12 beautiful scallops U-10
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 200 ml white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1.5 litres chicken stock warm
- 1 cup sweet peas
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 lime juice and zest
- 1 splash olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 handfull Pea sprouts
- In an awesome medium size pot sweat garlic and onion with butter. Add rice and toast softly. When you start to see colour deglaze with white wine, add the stock ladle by ladle allowing rice to soak in stock with every ladle for approximately 15 minutes.
- Season scallops. In a hot cast iron splash olive oil and sear scallops two minutes on one side and one on the other. (do not over cook) Remove pan from heat.
- Finish risotto with herbs, Parmesan, lime and sweet peas.
- Place risotto in large pasta bowl and top with scallops garnish with pea sprouts and olive oil.
Items featured in this video include:
- Ricardo “The Rock” Non-Stick 10-piece Cookware Set
- Geoffery Zakarain’s 10” Cast Iron Nonstick Skillet
- Ricardo Ceramic Ramekins 12.5 oz
- Ricardo Ceramic Ramekins 6.2 oz
- Ricardo Wooden Spatula
- Ricardo 2-in-1 Bamboo Wood Cutting board
- Ricardo 2-in-1 Salt and Pepper Mill
- Ricardo Tongs
- Ricardo Stainless Steel Grater/Zester Fine Blade